Monday, April 20, 2009

2009 Pulitzer Prizes

This year's Pulitzer for feature writing went to Lane DeGregory of the St. Petersburg Times for a feature on an little girl who had been horribly abused and neglected by her mother. I was excited to learn that this piece won, because it was some of the most powerful reporting I've ever read and I haven't been able to forget it since I read it when it was first published last year.

The article, titled "The Girl in the Window," is very disturbing, and I wouldn't recommend reading it over breakfast, but is a fantastic piece and the reporter is absolutely deserving of the Pulitzer.

The prize for feature photography went to Damon Winter of the New York Times for his coverage of President Obama's campaign.

A list of the rest of the winners can be found here: http://www.pulitzer.org/awards/2009.

And here is the rest of it.

No comments: